Hardin County Fair King and Queen Rules
- Contestants must be a senior in the 2020-2021 school year, not married, not been married, or have a child.
- Contestants must be a resident of a Hardin County School District or are schooled another way in Hardin County.
- Contestants must be a current member, in good standing, of a Hardin County organization represented on the Hardin County Junior Fair Board. They are FFA, FCCLA, 4-H Clubs, Grange Youth, Farm Bureau Youth Council, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts or High School Art Classes of the county schools.
- Contestants must apply at the Hardin County School they are attending. Those not attending a county school but are home schooled, schooled on line or open enrolled outside of Hardin County must make application at the Hardin County Extension Office. (See rule 2 and 3)
- The person selected queen should participate in the 2021 Ohio State Fair Queen Contest in January at the Ohio Fair Managers Convention in Columbus.
- Interviews will be conducted at the Hardin County Ohio State Extension Office in Kenton on Saturday, September 5th. Appropriate interview attire will be dress up (i.e. dress, skirt, suit). Candidates will be interviewed according to the following schedule.
7. Interview scoring will be based upon the following criteria:
- Activities (participation, achievement, initiative, leadership)
- Poise and Personality
- Personal Appearance
- Response to interview questions.
8. The King and Queen Candidates selected from each school and Extension Office must turn in complete their application no later than 4:00p.m. Tuesday, August 11. Click here to access the application.
9. The King and Queen Crowning will be held on Tuesday evening of the fair; immediately prior to the Band Show at the grandstand. For this presentation, Queen candidates should wear formals and King candidates, suits.