Hardin County Fair King and Queen Rules
- Contestants must be a senior in the 2020-2021 school year, not married, not been married, or have a child.
- Contestants must be a resident of a Hardin County School District or are schooled another way in Hardin County.
- Hardin Northern
- Upper Scioto Valley
- Contestants must be a current member, in good standing, of a Hardin County organization represented on the Hardin County Junior Fair Board.
- Farm Bureau Youth Council
- Boy Scouts
- FCCLA (FCS)
- Grange Youth
- Girl Scouts
- High School Art
- Contestants must apply at the Hardin County School they are attending. Those not attending a county school but are home schooled, schooled on line or open enrolled outside of Hardin County must make application at the Hardin County Extension Office. (See rule 2 and 3)
- The person selected queen will be required to participate in the 2021 Ohio Fairs Queen Contest at the Ohio Fair Managers Convention in Columbus, Ohio. This is held during the first week of January.
- Interviews will be conducted at the Hardin County Ohio State Extension Office (Located at 1021 Lima Street Suite #103, Kenton, OH 43326) on Saturday, September 4th. Appropriate interview attire will be dress up (i.e. dress, skirt, suit). Candidates will be interviewed according to the following schedule.
Hardin Northern 2:00
Hardin Northern 3:00
7. Interview scoring will be based upon the following criteria:
- Activities (participation, achievement, initiative, leadership)
- Poise and Personality
- Personal Appearance
- Response to interview questions.
8. The King and Queen Candidates selected from each school and Extension Office must turn in complete their application no later than 4:00p.m. Tuesday, August 10.
9. The King and Queen Crowning will be held on Tuesday evening of the fair at 6:30 in the grandstand. For this presentation, Queen candidates should wear formals and King candidates, suits.