Who can be a director?
Anyone that is a good-standing member of the Hardin County Agricultural Society can be elected to the office of director.
What office can I run for?
A resident of a specific township in Hardin County must run to represent their specific township. Any Hardin County resident may run for a Director-At-Large office. However, no more than three directors may reside in the same township.
What does being a director mean?
Being a director of the society is an opportunity to be a custodian of Hardin County’s premier annual event that positively impacts families and the community. Our directors work hard all year long to produce a quality event for our community. To accomplish that, they have created this list of guidelines:
- Purchase a membership in the Society at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- Attend monthly Board meetings as scheduled. Currently the first Wednesday of each month.
- Attend Committee meetings as necessary.
- Assist with the Consignment Sale (2nd Saturday of March) and help as needed the 3 days before the Consignment Sale.
- Be available on the scheduled work day, weekend before the fair (Saturday & Sunday) daily during the fair, assist with other added workdays throughout the summer and the Monday after the fair.
- Be available for other events if possible.
- Attend the Ohio Fair Managers Convention the end of the 1st week in January
- 4th of July-Freedom Celebration
- Arts & Crafts building set-up and tear down
- Represent the Fair in a positive manner to the general public.
- Attend District meetings if possible.
- Possess leadership skills and a willingness to work with the public.
- Have a good moral character.
- Attend at least one board meeting prior to the election to state your intentions on wanting to be a director.
- Be familiar with the Rules, Constitution, and Bylaws of the Hardin County Agricultural Society.
How do I run?
You must first obtain a petition from the secretary’s office during normal business hours. After obtaining the required amount of signatures and returning them to the office, a candidate’s name will appear on the ballot.