Concessions and Vendors Central
At the August 5th Hardin County Fair Board Meeting, the Board decided that no additional food vendor contracts would be accepted that had not already been received and signed as of July 31, 2020. This is due to the reduced number of fair attendees expected, in accordance with the approved Hardin County Fair Health Plan, and our belief that the number of fair attendees (Jr. Fair livestock exhibitors and immediate family only) could only support a limited number of food vendors (est. 13-15). Those vendors who submitted their signed food concessionaire contracts before July 31, 2020 have already been contacted and given instructions on the modified food vendor rules applicable to the 2020 Hardin County Fair.
We apologize to all our food vendor partners who will be unable to participate in this year’s fair, and hope to welcome everyone back for the 2021 Hardin County Fair.
Modified Food Concession Rules for 2020
- All food trailers will be located in a designated area, per highlighted map. No exceptions.
- All food trailers will be separated by six feet, measured by the outermost trailer wall (tongues, tanks, and awnings not included).
- Food trailer spots will be awarded on a “first come, first serve” basis, with no food trailer spotting/setting before Friday, September 4th at 8 a.m.
- Food trailer spots may not be “reserved” using cones, stakes, stock trucks, or by any other means.
- No “substitute” food trailer(s) that will not be serving customers in that exact spot will be allowed to be placed to reserve a spot for another trailer to be placed at a later time.
- Food trailers must maximize available space to allow other food trailers to occupy adjacent space(s).
- Eating tents or designated dining areas are prohibited.
- Stock vehicles may not occupy a space in a designated food trailer area.
- Food trailers will not block paved walkways or other ingress/egress points to buildings.
- Food trailers must maintain a safe distance from buildings and other structures, as designated by applicable fire and safety codes and requirements.
- All food vendor employees will wear a mask except any employee actively operating a grill or other cooking device.
- Food vendors will follow all applicable state-issued health guidance, as designated.
- The Hardin County Fair Board will have the final determination of whether a food vendor has complied with the above requirements. Any food vendor deemed out of compliance will be asked to make the appropriate adjustments to come in compliance, or otherwise will not be permitted to conduct food service activities at the 2020 Hardin County Fair.
- Food vendors are expected to maintain their trailer for the duration of the modified Fair, beginning the Tuesday of the Fair through Saturday of the Fair, with no food trailer leaving before Saturday at 6 PM
- Food vendors may set their own operational hours, but are strongly encouraged to remain open while crowds are on the grounds, and which are reasonable and sufficient to support profitable sales.
- Food vendors will honor meal tickets provided and used by the Hardin County Fair Board, and all meal tickets will be settled with the Hardin County Fair after 6 PM on Saturday of the Fair.
- We are all in this together, and all food concessionaires are asked to cooperate with one another and the Hardin County Fair Board. We all want each other to be successful, so please work together for the betterment of each other, our Fair, and Fair participants.
Hardin County Fair Space Fees
- Per front foot – 7 1/2 to 18ft width booths available
- $12.00 7 foot deep
- $13.00 8 foot deep
- $14.00 9 foot deep
- $15.00 10 foot deep
- $200.00 Each-11 1/2ft x 14ft booth
- $100.00 – Electric & water hook-up (as available)
- $185.00 Each- 10ft by 9ft booth
- $14.00 per foot (15ft minimum-all additions 5ft minimum)
Electric hook-up fees
- $100.00 per 110 volts
- $125.00 per 220 volts
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR CONCESSIONS
- Deliveries shall be made by noon. No vehicles, including hold carts, shall be permitted anywhere on the grounds after noon and until one hour after the conclusion of evening grandstand show.
- Set-Up times: Space and fees will be forfeited if contracted space is not filled by required times: Outside Space: 10am Tuesday, Building Space: 10pm Monday. Buildings will be open the following hours for set-up: Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 12 noon – 5pm, Monday 9am-10pm. Teardown Times: No part of your display shall be removed until tear down time: Outside & Building Space: 8pm. Buildings will be locked on Sunday Evening at 11pm and exhibits may be picked up Monday, if desired.
- If any concession opens for business on Monday, a prorated charge will be made.
- EXHIBIT BUILDINGS SHALL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC THE FOLLOWING HOURS: Exhibit buildings shall be open to the public the following hours: Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-10pm, Sunday: 12 noon-8pm. No concessions shall open before noon on Sunday without permissions from the concessions committee.
- Concessionaires are asked to determine and reserve the number of feet they will occupy. (Including trailer hitches, trailer extensions, trailer doors, overhang, etc.) Include at least five feet for tent stakes on each side of your rented tent. Please check with concession locator to be spotted. Front footage used will be measured and the contract adjusted accordingly.
- Space fees are due in full by June 15. All except $25 of space fee will be returned if concessions committee is notified of the cancellation of space prior to July 15.
- Electrical hook-ups are priced per hookup. Each trailer and stock truck must pay an electric hookup.
- Concessionaires may not sell any item or carry on any business other than what is indicated on the contract and have been approved by the concessions committee. No silly string, stink bombs, slingshots, or laser guns may be sold on the fairgrounds. All giveaways must be listed on contract including balloons. No raffle tickets may be sold on the ground as per section 1711.09 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Drawing winners names and the name of prizes are to be turned in to concession office within one month after the end of fair.
- A responsible adult must be in charge of each concessions space.
- All concession space (except rented tents) an camping space is to be vacated by 5pm on Wednesday following the close of the fair. Space occupied after that date will be charged the going rental rate.
- Rental tents are to be vacated by 9 am on Monday following the fair.
- All concessions will be inspected and evaluated by a representative from the Ohio Department of Agriculture and fair board of directors. A license must be purchased for merchandise that the Ohio Department of Agriculture considers novelties.
- All concessionaires and exhibitors are to keep their area free from debris at all times.
- All decorations shall be installed by and at the concessionaires’ expense and shall be fireproof, and must be removed at fairs end. Concessionaires may concrete their booth floor in the Machinery building at their own expense and must meet fair board approval. No painting of walls in the Merchant’s Building.
- No extension core may have staples around them. No floodlights may be used on light gauge extension cords. No fuses larger than 20 amps in any fuse box and no wiring into any switch boxes all electrical hookups shall pass all state and local electrical codes and must be removed at fairs end. All concession trailers will have electric removed on Monday morning unless other arrangements have been made.
- All concessions shall have fire extinguishers approved by the state fire Marshall. These shall be operational and will be subject to inspection by the fire department.
- All trailers shall have a ground wire attached to a ground rod. No exceptions.
- Tents shall be fireproof.
- Fire lanes shall be maintained in all areas of the fairgrounds. All fire lanes and drives shall be kept clear until one hour after the conclusion of Sunday night grandstand show.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings, barns, or tents.
- No tables, chairs, electrical cords, or lights (other than general lighting) will be furnished by society.
- PA systems in buildings or tent and outside locations only with permission of concessions committee. No concessionaire will be allowed to use fairgrounds PA for announcements.
- Concessions campers on the fairgrounds must register with the concessions office for lot assignment, pay a fee and receive a permit card for display in the window of the unit. There will be no tent camping. Concessionaire’s pets must be confined to the camping area.
- Concessionaires and exhibitors shall carry their own liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 and provide a certificate or copy to the concessions office. Golf carts must be listed on the policy.
- The Hardin County Agricultural society, officers, directors shall not be responsible for damages sustained by concessionaires from utility failure.
- The Hardin County Agricultural Society, officers, and directors shall not be responsible for any damage done by a concessionaire, his employees, or agents to any person or property.
- The Hardin County Agricultural Society, officers, and directors shall not be responsible for accidents, property loss damages by fire, water, wind, or storm. Losses from theft, or acts of a third party.
- Securing and maintaining all local, state, and federal and other licenses, permits, etc. governing or allowing the concessionaire to participate or sell and or manufacture his product, is the sole responsibility of the concessionaire. The state of Ohio requires the concessionaire to have a transient vendor’s license in order to sell at any Ohio event. Please call the Ohio Department of Taxation at 1-800-282-1782 or visit the Ohio Department of Taxation online to obtain information and the forms.
- No person shall be permitted to make solicitations of any nature on the fairgrounds except in contracted concessions or commercial rented spaces. no person will be permitted to post or display signs, distribute handbills, or advertising materials or sell or distribute free, any merchandise, except persons under contract.
- Any concession contracts are subject to cancellation by society if concessionaire is charged with any morally unacceptable behavior.
- Concessionaire contracts are not transferable by the holder without expressed written consent of society.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations subjects the exhibitor or concessionaire to contract cancellation without refund of any moneys advanced.
- No dumping of fryer oil – Contact concessions office to obtain barrels to recycle used oil.
- On grounds parking permits will cost $15 each, which will allow one vehicle to park on main grounds if space is available.
- No animals or reptiles including iguanas shall be given away or sold at the fair.
- No concessionaire shall operate a game with build-ups or trade-ups.
**A concessionaire is anyone with a contract for rented space.
Thank you for your interest in the Hardin County Fair.
When space becomes available, we select our concession and commercial exhibits from a waiting list. On the back of this letter is an application for you to fill out, in order to be placed on our waiting list. This application is not an offer, nor guarantee for space. It is merely part of an application process that we use to select new exhibitors. Please print the application and return it as soon as possible along with a picture of your display.
Our policy for filling available space is: We first offer to those from Hardin County, then from the state of Ohio, and next to those out of state. Don’t let this policy overwhelm you. Many times we are able to use concessionaires from out of the county and state if they have products different from others on the grounds that may not be available from within our county.
After we receive your application it will be placed in our waiting list file. We do not keep applications from year to year. If your application is not approved, please reapply in future years.
Thank you again for your interest in the Hardin County Fair.